Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beautiful Buttons and Beyond!

Letter Perfect Designs will personalize a button monogram for your wall
When I was little I was always a little bereft about visiting my grandmother. No Nintendo! No cable! What was a girl to do? Luckily, she had this great big box of buttons. I would dump them out on the floor and arrange them by color, shape, size, material, or theme. I would pick out my favorites or arrange them in rainbows. It kept me occupied for hours. What a great source of inspiration!

I like to use buttons in my crochet projects as eyes or embellishments, and sometimes as closures for accessories. Hopping around on Etsy, I can see there is more to buttons than meets the eye! Buttons have way more going for them than just keeping your coat closed!

Hit the jump for an explosion of color from great buttons that go above and beyond!

 I've seen glass, plastic, bone, seashell, and brass, but I don't know if I've ever seen an edible button!
These won't keep anything attached... they're made of chocolate!
Find them at The Frosted Petticoat

These buttons will make for a wild wedding!
I Heart Buttons UK wants you to get married in style

These buttons make their own hole! I would love to keep my notes attached with these inventive pushpins.
Shugabee Lane has the materials to beautify your bulletin board!

Who needs flowers that wilt? Show your spring spirit with a buttony arrangement for your windowsill!
Brighten your decor over at This Happy House

 All you need is love and buttons! This great piece of wall art reminds me of a bead-and-button piece I did a few years ago.
Find this bright and beautiful piece at helen robin
Well I have to go figure out how I can button-ify my crochet projects! Clearly this is a medium with loads of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment