Sunday, March 18, 2012

Holy Yarnfoods, Batman!


What is it that makes food so crochet-able? Can we make a new name for this? Foodigurumi! I have been all over the fruits lately, but other foods are creeping into my imagination. I think food is just the right size and shape for crochet. Also, it makes super fun toys! I find food projects to be the most delighting. 

Then, there is always the question: Face or no face? Is food with eyes a little creepy or doubly cute?

I searched around on Etsy for some inspiration to solve this age-old mystery. Check out my findings after the jump!

(I made the berries an apple above and you can find them and the pattern for the berries in my shop. The apple has a surprise inside!)






Knitty Ruby over at Ruezats favors faces. Adorable! Check out her shop!


Alexa at The Nerds' Nest made this bright and elegant sushi. Yum-o! Check out what else she has going on here.

Carrie at Nadia's Place must love breakfast as much as I do. Cute-tastic! Take a look at her shop.

Julie Caldwell at Yarn Critters and Accessories by Julie has this faceless but totally buildable hamburger. Ok, now I'm really hungry! This pattern and more for sale here.


And the winner is..... Oh, I can't decide! Face or no face, foodigurumi is where it's at!

No comments:

Post a Comment