Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring is Springing!

Griffith Gardens leaps into spring here

At 1:14 AM EDT tonight, spring has officially sprung. Having lived in the Midwest my whole life, I have had my share of bitter winters. Even though this year was surprisingly and wonderfully temperate, it's still nice to see the trees blooming and the sun shining.

Today I was all over the appliques. I love to find inspiration in little appliques. They are a great way to get used to a new brand, weight, or material of yarn. I never let my practice pieces go to waste! Nothing like a quick project for warm days when attention spans are short. Then they bring the spring to totes, cardigans, tanks, hair pins, and everything else!

Hit the jump to sproing into applique Eden!








FineThreads brings us the sun in their shop.


This itty bitty chick comes from Doll Baby Accessories over here.

These are just so pale and delicate! Rita at alatsupplies can be found here.


Feeling rosy? I like the idea of making the leaves separately. A great way to spread out a set of appliques over a large area! Cathleen at Cathleen's Gems, here.


Variety is the spice of life and the spice of spring! I love this spread of different appliques from Jewlzs, here.

Well, it looks like I ought to get my fingers busy building some flower piles of my own. I'm thinking some big squishy ones with tiny dainty ones. And I have to try out some leaves!

1 comment: