Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rat-a-Tat-Tat (Part Two)

This beautiful ceramic shuttle comes from Sumiko 2


There's nothing that will draw me to a craft faster than the equipment. I can't get into things that involve big, computerized, expensive pieces of furniture. However, if it involves a small, analog piece of metal, wood, plastic, porcelain, etc. I can certainly get my interest up. The easier it can fit in my pocket, the better!

So since I've been on the trail of tatting recently, I thought I would share some of the beautiful tatting shuttles I found in my searches.

Tatting originated in England over 200 years ago and can be accomplished with various types of shuttles and needles (more info). I think this warrants a trip to my local public library!





Beautiful vibrant shuttle from La Cossette

Adorable deer shuttle from Emsy Jane
Sleek blue ceramic shuttle from Lady Shuttle Maker

Simple, beautiful wood shuttle from Banyek
Itty bitty thumb shuttles from Old Ways Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment