Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Up!

This cute pink ball of destruction comes from Nerd Jerk

I'll admit it: I'm a huge nerd. I come from the era of Super Nintendo and honed my hand skills as a child hopping over barrels and running after mushrooms. What better way to celebrate video games than with crochet? Bring your favorite characters to life and they can serve as mascots for your favorite game! I would certainly love to have any of these awesome video-game-inspired crochet pieces to cheer me on (I said I was a nerd, I didn't say I was acutally any good at playing...).

Hit the jump for some digital-meets-crochet goodness. Warning: it's pretty heavy on the old school Nindtendo, so sue me ;)


Keep warm while gaming with this Mario-inspired throw. All my favorites: Coins, mushrooms, ? boxes, goombas, and fire flowers!
What's warm and cozy and Mario all over? Find out at Harmonden

This little guy is awfully cute but I still want to jump on his head!

Give your baby a cool start in life with this rattle from The Silver Hook

Little Link here will save the princess!
Lotties Creations brings us our favorite ocarina-wielding hero.


A man of few words and lots of badassness ...Badassity? ...Badassosity? Oh, you know what I mean.

Who needs to play Halo when you have this guy at your side?
 Find him at Dani's Crocheted Creations

Keepin' it fresh with this Yoshie hat.
Handmade Monster shows us how to Halloween in syle!

Run away! Or use this pattern to make some blue ones and chow down.
Released in 1980, these guys are still keeping me from my delicious dots!
Find the pattern at Liebe9

1 comment:

  1. Ah, shucks! Thanks so much for including my Goomba. Anytime you want to chat about crochet, send me an email (info@thesilverhook.ca) or comment on my blog (TheSilverHook.ca).

    I love meeting other crochet enthusiasts!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete