Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday-on-a-Saturday: Pack it up!

All the materials you need to pack your furry crochet friends!
 Recently I was faced with a conundrum: how to ship the Grim Reaper! He was snapped up from my Etsy store this week and I was totally unsure how to pack him up. Usually I ship my amigurumi and other crochet projects in padded envelopes since stuffed projects tend to stand up pretty well in them and they are relatively inexpensive to ship compared to boxes. But the Grim Reaper has a scythe made of Sculpey and I was afraid that it would break in the mail.

But I had a flash of inspiration: Mailing tube! Just cut it down to fit your project and send it off in safety (without upping your shipping cost!).

Hit the jump for detailed instructions



 Materials: Box cutter, shipping tube about as big around as your project, marker, packing tape

Step 1: Mark the tube 1 to 1.5 inches longer than your project

 Step 2: Use the box cutter to cut the tube

 Step 3: Place your project in the tube, plug the open end with the cap from the other end of the tube you cut off.

Step 4: Place one piece of tape over the top, then one around the circumference to keep the first piece of tape secured. Do this to both ends.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment