Thursday, October 18, 2012

Organize it!

The pattern for this rainbow crochet hook holder can be found at Living in Amethyst.
Never lose your hooks again!
 

I have tons of crochet hooks, scissors, needles, stitch markers, and other bits of crochet equipment. They often get separated from the group and then I have to spend all afternoon looking under the couch and various other places because I need that size H hook for this or that particular project. I have seen various cloth and plastic crochet hook holders in craft stores and online, but none caught my attention enough to actually purchase.

As a crocheter and a big DIY'er, I thought it wouldbe better to make one of my own! To search for inspiration, as always, I turned to Etsy. Most of the holders/organizers are made of cloth, but of the crocheted ones ther is tremendous variability in design. Some fold, some roll up, some hold just hooks, some all of your crochet equipment, and they have tons of different colors and textures.

Hit the jump for some major inspiration that could lead to some major organization!


This would be great to take travelling; the pockets keep everything in place.
Find it at Custom Crochet by terri

I love how integrated the hook slots are with the background. Very slick!
Find it at AMZCREATIONZ

Mix and match a cloth holder with a crochet closure! Find it at namolio

I love the pattern created by this stitch and of course the
Iowa Hawkeyes' colors make me smile! Find it at Crafts and Crochet

This alligator stitch crochet hook holder doubles as a fingerless mitten in the summertime!
Find it at May Cheang Designs 

This roll-up hook holder features a neat design! Find it at Susan J Patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment